If you want to renovate your home but want to do it within a budget, one of the easiest ways would be to change the countertops in your house. According to a reputed manufacturer of epoxy countertops near Orange City, FL, installing epoxy countertops in your kitchen, bathroom, and bar counter can give your home a thoroughly modern and contemporary appeal. Moreover, you can bring about this transformation at a fraction of the cost of compared to installing countertops made of other materials. Here are some of the pros and cons of installing epoxy countertops.
Table of Contents
Are epoxy countertops a good idea?
The simple answer to this question is yes, it is. If you find that the countertops in your house are damaged, but you have budgetary constraints when it comes to replacing them, then epoxy resin is the best way to change the tops. All you need to do is contact manufacturer of epoxy countertops near Daytona Beach, FL, and they can guide you regarding the best countertop solution for your home. Here are some reasons why epoxy countertops are the best idea for your home.
- Epoxy can blend well with almost all interiors: Epoxy is one of the most versatile materials for manufacturing countertops. Take, for instance, if you want to install a granite countertop in your kitchen. You must consider the colour of the backsplash, the cabinets, the other platforms and even the furniture in your kitchen before choosing a particular pattern or colour of the granite. But when you consult manufacturers of epoxy countertops near Sanford, FL, they will tell you that with epoxy, you do not have to worry about any such thing. Epoxy resin is versatile and can bond with almost anything like Formica, laminate, ceramic, metal, concrete, and wood surfaces. Thus, you can select a suitable colour and design of epoxy that blends perfectly with the interior of your kitchen or bathroom. The versatility of epoxy makes it a perfect choice for your interiors.
- Epoxy is non-toxic and safe for making food: Contrary to popular opinion, epoxy is the ideal material for a kitchen countertop as it is non-toxic and food-safe. It is often the concern of homeowners that Volatile Organic Compounds or VOCs released by epoxy resin can prove to be dangerous. However, according to experts associated with the manufacturing of epoxy countertops near New Smyrna Beach, FL, after the countertop installation is completed, it only takes a few days for the dissipation of the VOCs. After that, you can use the countertop without any worry. All you need to ensure is sufficient ventilation in your kitchen or bathroom so that it does not cause indoor air pollution. It only takes a few days for the VOCs to evaporate, making the epoxy countertop non-toxic and food-safe.
- Epoxy countertops are durable: When you install a countertop, you want it to last longer. Hence, using epoxy as a bathroom or kitchen countertop is best. Once the epoxy resin hardens, you will find that it seals the surface below and does not allow the seepage of any fluids. Similarly, you will find that epoxy does not crack easily, making the countertop durable and long-lasting. Thus, according to executives associated with a company manufacturing epoxy countertops near Longwood, FL, when you install these countertops, you will not only be transforming the interior of your home, you will not have to worry about maintaining it.
Thus, installing an epoxy countertop in your home is a good idea. All you need to do is evaluate your options when installing one such countertop. Your objective should be selecting a design and finish that corresponds to the interior and furnishings of your home. One of the best ways to ensure it would be to hire the services of manufacturers of epoxy countertops near Lake Mary, FL.
Do epoxy countertops scratch easily?
One of the unique features of epoxy countertops is that it gives you a glossy finish that is resistant to scratches and damage. Now you might wonder how epoxy resin, administered in liquid form, becomes a scratch-resistant surface the moment it gets cured. The primary reason for this is the chemical composition of the liquid. When the epoxy resin hardens, it becomes a temperature-resistant, high-clarity solid. Because it is temperature resistant, it does not get damaged easily. As a result, you will find that it is scratch resistant as well.
According to experts associated with a company that offers epoxy countertops near Lake Monroe, FL, the non-porous quality of epoxy countertops also makes this scratch resistant. This is also one of the reasons why most homeowners prefer to install epoxy countertops in the kitchen. If you are in the habit of leaving your kitchen knives and other sharp objects on your kitchen countertop, you need a material that does not scratch easily. Here epoxy can prove to be the perfect solution. Once installed, you will not have to worry about ungainly scratches appearing on the surface within a few years of usage. Instead, your kitchen countertop will retain its glossy appearance for many years.
How long do epoxy countertops last?
Suppose you ask executives of epoxy countertops near DeLand, FL manufacturer and retailer, about the durability of epoxy countertops. In that case, they will tell you that these countertops are designed to last for several years. The minimum lifespan of an epoxy countertop is ten years, and that too with minimum maintenance. If you are casual about maintaining the epoxy countertops in your home, these will last at least ten years. Epoxy countertops tend to stay for a long time because of the following reasons:
- Epoxy countertops are scratch resistant by nature. This makes the countertops long-lasting, and that too with minimum maintenance.
- Epoxy countertops are non-porous. This means fluids cannot seep into the countertop and damage the material with which the epoxy resin has bonded. As a result, both the countertop and the material on which the epoxy is poured will last for a long time.
- The epoxy countertop does not stain easily. For example, if you spill sauces, oils, shampoo, perfume or any such liquids on your kitchen or bathroom countertop, you will find that it does not stain the surface easily, provided it is made of epoxy. All you need to do is clean the surface. The non-staining feature of the epoxy countertops makes these long-lasting and durable.
You will find that epoxy countertops last long because they are not easily damaged. When you install an epoxy countertop, whether it is in your kitchen or your bathroom, you know that these are places where there will be spills, and the countertop must resist damage.
Hence, manufacturers of epoxy countertops near DeLeon, FL, mention that it is best to select a material for the countertop that is scratch and damage resistant. Remember, you can choose epoxy resin as the suitable material for the kitchen and bathroom countertop. Once installed, you do not have to worry about changing these for long.
Do epoxy countertops require a lot of maintenance?
A unique feature of epoxy countertops is that they do not require much maintenance. Say, for instance, you want to install a wood countertop in your bathroom. Most manufacturers will strongly advise you against it because of the high maintenance. A bathroom is a place that tends to have high moisture. Hence, you need a material that does not absorb water, and you do not need to keep drying the surface. In this regard, epoxy countertops are the best. You will find that the glossy surface is easy to clean, and you can keep it dry. You do not have to make much effort to keep the epoxy countertop in your bathroom dry and clean.
Now coming to your kitchen, you will also find that epoxy countertops are the best. The primary reason is that you will have maximum spills in the kitchen. You want to avoid a countertop that you must keep cleaning every time you cut a vegetable or open a packet of meat. Epoxy is chemical resistant, making maintaining and cleaning the countertop easy. According to experts associated with manufacturing epoxy countertops near Springs, FL, you only need to clean the surface before the spill can dry.
Moreover, you do not need to use harsh chemicals or abrasive material to clean an epoxy countertop. You can easily clean it with a wet washcloth. Otherwise, you can use an essential cleaning fluid infused with mineral oil. This will thoroughly clean it and make the epoxy countertop shine as bright as new! Thus, you will find that an epoxy countertop is much easier to maintain compared to any other material.
Is epoxy heat-resistant, as mentioned by most manufacturers?
Yes, the epoxy countertops are indeed heat-resistant, provided these are installed correctly. Hence, you must hire experts to install the kitchen and bathroom countertops. For example, if you want a specialized epoxy countertop installed in your kitchen so that it does not get damaged if you place a hot pot or pan directly on the countertop, you need to hire expert manufacturers of epoxy countertops near Osteen, FL manufacturers. They will ensure that the countertop is designed in such a way that it can resist temperatures even up to 400 °F.
The common notion is that epoxy resin will melt when exposed to high temperatures. How is it possible that epoxy countertops are heat-resistant? This problem is solved in the laboratory, where epoxy is cured to withstand high temperatures. Epoxy, by nature, can withstand damage caused by Ultra Violet rays. Hence, contrary to popular opinion, epoxy countertops will not get damaged if exposed to heat, high temperatures, and sunlight.
Usually, homeowners fear that if they put a hot pan on the kitchen countertop, the heat can cause a temperature difference, and as a result, the countertop can crack. However, as epoxy is heat and crack-resistant, you can be assured that there will be no damage caused to your kitchen countertop if it is made of epoxy.
Are there any cons to installing epoxy countertops?
According to the manufacturers of epoxy countertops near DeBary, FL, the several positive features of epoxy countertops outweigh its few negatives. When you install an epoxy countertop in your home, you will find that the result is a seamless, glossy surface. Moreover, the countertop is easy to maintain and scratch and heat-resistant. However, there are a few negative features of the countertop, and some of these are as follows:
- It would help if you had experts install the countertop, and you should never try it yourself. You have only one shot at creating the perfect countertop in your kitchen or bathroom when you use epoxy resin; hence, you need experts to do it for you.
- Applying epoxy resin on the countertop and creating the desired pattern is time-consuming and labour-intensive. Hence, it would help if you were patient about the project’s outcome. You must sand the surface, remove the stains, and create a clean work surface before pouring the epoxy and developing the pattern.
Thus, the significant epoxy cons are how the countertops are installed. However, you can manage this if you hire experts to install the countertop in your bathroom and kitchen. The only thing to remember during installation is to keep the place well-ventilated to prevent indoor air pollution. Installing epoxy countertops can become quite simple if you follow these.
If you want to install epoxy countertops in your home, it is best to consult with experts. They can help you with the selection of designs and guide you regarding the best way to install the countertops. They will provide you with comprehensive support when it comes to the installation and maintenance of the epoxy countertop.
At Terryfic Transformation LLC, we will give complete backing when installing epoxy countertops in your kitchen or bathroom. If you want a custom countertop that completely changes the look and feel of your home, all you need to do is call us. So, contact us right away for your countertop requirements.